FMP Ltd are looking for a proven CI Lead for our Contract manufacturing facilities located in Lancaster and Morecambe. The successful candidate will be required to drive the Continuous Improvement culture, with Lean six sigma methodology, throughout the Contract Manufacturing business to bring about sustained improvement with our existing processes whilst building people engagement.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Driving a Continuous Improvement culture with pace and impact on profitable growth through the application of Lean / Continuous methodology.
- Develop, configure, and optimize manufacturing processes from inception through to start up and certification
- Develop best practices, routines, and innovative solutions to improve production rates and quality of output.
- Challenging existing processes in manufacturing and transaction areas to generate sustained tangible and intangible improvements, utilising appropriate improvement methodologies, whilst building people engagement in the change process.
- Commissioning, validation, and handover (FAT, SAT, IQ, OQ, PQ).
- Be able to respond to the level of maturity of the Continuous Improvement journey when working with others. Adopting a driver, facilitator or supporter stance depending on the given situation or level of understanding.
- Being able to paint the vision of "what good looks like "when working with others to build engagement and achieve quick wins.
- Be able to deliver appropriate training and to coach others in Continuous Improvement methodology within operations, allowing for the deployment of Continuous Improvement methodology to bring about sustained improvement.
- Able to apply the right elements of Lean / Continuous Improvement methodologies robustly according to business needs, including own work. This includes the control measures needed for sustained improvement.
- Provide process documentation, operating instructions and training for new processes and systems.
- Ensuring processes and procedures comply with safety and quality standards.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven ability to improve performance through change
- Practical working knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma
- HNC equivalent or above in manufacturing / operations (desirable)
- Training in CI methodology
- Project Management experience
- Proven experience of leading CI within a Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) environment
- Train the Trainer qualification, (desirable but not essential)
Hours of Work 08.00-16.30 Monday - Thursday 08.00-13.30 Friday. Some flexibility will be required depending on the needs of the buisness
RATE OF PAY
- In return, we offer a competitive salary dependent on experience.
- Please visit our website where you will find images and videos of the work we undertake: https://flexible-medical.co.uk
Please note that due to volume of interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
FMP is one of area’s leading manufacturers of medical devices and healthcare products and has been in operation for almost 50 years. With local sites in operation at White Lund (Morecambe) and White Cross (Lancaster) manufacturing an array of products that supply NHS, UK and global demand for healthcare related products, At FMP, our culture is to value our people, and our key values reflect the focus that we place into the importance and significance of everyone at FMP;
FMP is an Equal Opportunities Employer
IIP Silver Accreditation
- We endeavor to create a work environment that will encourage our people to perform to their maximum potential
- We positively encourage the acceptance of responsibility and accountability at all levels, whilst developing our staff through appropriate training and coaching supported by personal development review.
- Individual and team effort is challenged and rewarded in pursuit of continuous business improvement
- 25 Days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- On-site parking
- Local to Lancaster and Morecambe
- Opportunities for development
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Discounted gym membership
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Referral Scheme
- On site canteen
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
We are a Covid secure operation taking all steps to ensure the safety and well-being of our workforce. PPE is provided and social distancing measures are in place
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lancaster, LA1 4XS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Continuous improvement: 2 years (preferred)
- Lean manufacturing: 2 years (preferred)